This site may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, Metronome Wellness may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
| Quinoa |
| Mexican |
| Grilled Cheese + Tomato |
| Shrimp |
| Naan |
|Pasta||Fish Tacos|| Mini |
| Tuna |
| Spaghetti |
| Chicken |
| Veggie Pasta |
| Salmon |
| Quinoa |
| Tuscan |
| Stir |
| Tuna |
| Mini |
|Make ahead meals on Sunday when possible||Include a veggie with every meal – even pizza||Choose whole grain pasta||Make your own whole wheat tortillas – so simple||Make your own salad dressing|
- Celery + Nut Butter
- Apples + Nut Butter
- Trail Mix
- Energy Balls
- Granola Bars
- Carrots + Hummus
- Banana Chips
- Blue corn chips + Salsa or guacamole
- Greek Yogurt + Honey + Cinnamon (my favorite)
- Here is a link to my Breakfast Recipes, you’ll find them all very easy and kid friendly, if you happen to have a little chef in the house, they are all easy to make!
- Check out 100 Days of Real Food Blog, she has a lot of great recipes all made with “Real Food,” including whole wheat pizza dough; whole wheat tortillas; Salad Dressing; Energy Balls. She also has a great app called “Prepear” that you can use to plan your meals out – just an overall great resource!
- Make a large batch of rice or quinoa on Sunday and use in your lunches and recipes throughout the week!
Things to Consider when buying:
- Choose Nut Butter that is only Nuts + Salt (Kirkland Organic, from Costco is my choice)
- When buying Greek Yogurt, choose plain and add a little honey + fruit for sweetness (Fage 2% is my favorite)
- Choose a trail mix without chocolate, or make your own with almonds + Craisins + sunflower seed + pumpkin seeds, and a little granola
- Check out Metronome Wellness for the list of dirty dozen + Clean 15 Produce
- I purchase most of my meat from Butcher Box. I love the quality, service, and selection. They only sell only humanely raised meats, with the promise that the animals were never given hormones or antibiotics, so I can feel good about feeding it to my family. I have been very please over the past few years. A side note, I am not a fan of meat shopping, so to have it delivered, frozen, to my door is a win-win for me!
- I love me some Costco & Trader Joe’s. Both have a good variety of affordable, organic food.
- As much as I love fresh fruit and veggies, I must admit, I buy a lot of frozen, it’s nice to always have on hand and know that it’s going to keep.
- When time allows, you can’t beat a good farmer’s market or roadside stand for the best local produce around!