Lemongrass Essential Oil
This site may contain affiliate links, meaning, at no extra cost to you, Metronome Wellness may earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I have people ask me how I discovered the power of essential oils all the time. I have used them off and on for about 10 years, but when I really became a believer, my daughter had a bladder infection or UTI. She had just finished two courses of antibiotics for a really tough case of strep throat and I truly did not want to put her on antibiotics again!
So, I headed to our local holistic health and wellness center and asked them for ideas. The sweet lady suggested lemongrass essential oil and at that time, I was willing to try anything to help my little girl, so we gave it a try. Guess what? It WORKED! Since then I have been a firm believer in essential oils.
We combined the DoTerra Lemongrass Essential Oil with coconut oil and rubbed it on her little belly and diffused it around the house. It only took a couple days and she was symptom free. One nice added benefit, is that she is also a true believer in essential oils, lemongrass is one of her favorites.
What is Lemongrass Essential Oil?
How to use Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Intestinal discomfort (dilute topically with a carrier oil over the abdomen)
- Emotional balance (Diffuse or use topically with a carrier oil)
- Memory & Clarity (Diffuse)
- Insect repellent (combine 10-15 drops with water or jojoba oil in a spray bottle)
- Joint, tendon, ligament pain (apply topically with carrier oil to soothe and regenerate)
Lemongrass blend ideas
- Cleaning – blend with peppermint and lemon oil with water in a glass spray bottle.
- Head and Neck Tension – blend with lavender and peppermint and a carrier oil
- Peaceful diffuser blend – patchouli and clary sage, a few drops of each
If you are just getting started with essential oils, lemongrass is a great addition to your “tool box” and will not break the bank. You can also purchase diffusers at multiple places now days. I have multiple diffusers, but this is one of my favorite bargain ones from amazon Pure Enrichment PureSpa Essential Oil Diffuser, I have used it pretty much every day for two and a half years and it’s still going strong!
DoTerra also has some great options that are little more stylish such as the Lumo diffuser. If you are interested in purchasing any oils or learning more about DoTerra’s wholesale program, to save money on pure therapy grade oils, feel free to contact me at email@example.com or https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/angieulrich1.