How to Safely Use Essential Oils
Diffusing essential oils is one of the most well known ways to use essential oils. The simple scent of the oil can trigger a variety of emotions. Whether you are looking to relax or feel energized, there is an oil that can help.
Ways to diffuse
- Use an ultrasonic diffuser
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place in shoes or car vents
- Sprinkle a few drops on air filters when changing them
- Use in homemade carpet powder
- A drop on your pillow at night
Topical application is a very effective method for applying essential oils. I recommend always using a carrier oil, like jojoba or Fractionated Coconut Oil, this will decrease the chance of developing a skin sensitivity. Keep in mind, these oils are very potent so start with a small dose of 1-2 drops and repeat every 4-6 hours if needed. Topical application can also calm, energize, or help with sore muscles, depending on the oil or blend you choose.
Areas to Apply Essential Oils
- Behind your ears
- Chest and abdomen
- Bottom of your feet
Always use internally with caution. Not all oils are safe to use this way, and especially oils that are not pure. DoTerra is the only brand I would trust for this type of use. If used properly, there are many benefits to taking essential oils internally.
Methods of Internal Application
- Use very small amounts of oil in cooking or baking, for the more potent oils, administer with a toothpick
- Add to water or other drinks
- Take essential oils internally in a veggie capsule or one of doTerra’s already formulated supplements
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com or check out the doTerra website at https://www.doterra.com/US/en/site/angieulrich1/